Okay I think it is important to look at these challenges objectively. 1) Birth of a new baby (joyful good thing)
2) Announcement of layoffs at the company.
3) Potental suicide of friend
4) Brother going to mideast with army
Now apply the serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
All of these things are not fully in my control,
1) Birth will happen when it happens
2) I cannot control if I am laided off
3) I will try EVERYTHING to stop my friend
4) God will just have to protect my brother